Sunday, February 28, 2016

what being inclusive looks like today

a long time ago, i wrote a blog post about what i like most in friends. i talked about being inclusive, and inquisitive. [i'm sure half the reason was because i liked the alliteration] anyways, i was thinking about those two things the other day, and realized how spot on those traits describe my feyonce-fiance.

he has been in the middle of a crazy hectic month of exams and group projects. he had a giant test that he had been studying for all weekend. this week he texted me saying " woo.WE got a 95% on OUR exam!!" pretty sure i live 3 states away, know 0% about finance, and was of absolutely no help to him in studying for this test...its 99% more likely i was more of a distraction texting him wedding centerpiece picture ideas while he was studying.  im also pretty sure he knows that too. but he always shares the victories with me anyways. from the day he called me to let me know that WE had gotten into our first med school, to the day he called to let me know WE had gotten into the the med school of OUR (mostly his) dreams. i remember being nervous, at the beginning of this journey together, that i would feel as though my contributions weren't as important as his (because he's gonna be a doctor and like, fix people). but from the beginning, he has always been the first to make me feel like my little joys were a reason to celebrate and always made me feel like his academic journey is ours to share.

i never really pictured myself being in a long distance engagement,(lets be honest who does?) with a duel degree school fanatic. [when i cared more about outfit planning than note taking in my college years ] but here i am. && it goes to show that my plans and ideas aren't nearly as cool and sweet as Gods. being far away from my favorite human is tough, (obvi) but it's those little moments of shared joy over aced tests and phone calls where you can't stop laughing that i am reminded that its so worth it. sorry for embarrassing you bevs. [not that you'll see this anytime soon] 

No comments:

Post a Comment